With 2015 so close, I have, again, made a list of things that I want to achieve in the upcoming year. I have a list of bucket-list items that keeps growing because I haven’t checked off many items. It is seriously time to start doing stuff instead of thinking about it.
1. Become more spiritual. As I get older I have found that connecting with The Bigger Picture (whatever that may be for you) has become very important. I’ve found Yoga and Meditating to be helpful in making this connection and creating a more meaningful life.
2. Make healthier choices. Eating healthier and exercising always makes it to the New Year’s resolution list each year. I do well with it in spits and spurts but can’t seem to maintain consistency. With Pinterest and Blogs available at my finger tips that offer helpful ideas instantaneously, I am hopeful to make the most of this resolution this year.
3. Blog. Since I began blogging seriously only a few short months ago, I have found it to be supremely therapeutic and rewarding. Stories, thoughts and ideas that were once trapped in my mind and lost daily, now have a venue to get out into formed thoughts and shared with the universe. Amazingly, many have commented and reached out to let me know my thoughts have resonated with them. Incredible for the mental wellness. More blogging is on the roster for 2015.
4. Save for travels. I have places I want to go and people I want to see. And I want to show the world to my kids and my husband. I’m tired of talking and dreaming about it. It is time to put funds away to start doing this. And I’m not talking about the all-inclusive Caribbean vacations. I want to take my kids to various locations throughout Canada, the U.S. and the U.K. I want to explore our past and our present and set sites for our future.
5. Start a Family History book. My family history is rich with amazing stories and tales that I’ve discovered since I began researching it several years ago. I have a lot of branches and a lot of knowledge that needs to be compiled into something concrete that I can start to pass on to others who may be interested.
Only a few ideas but some things that I want to take seriously and spend some intentional effort on this year. I’ll be exploring others ideas also. Please leave some comments on thoughts or ideas that you might have for 2015. Happy New Year!